Tuesday 5 February 2013

What I have learnt and What I will take from this

What I have learnt from the analysis of other film openings

By looking at film openings from those in the film industry, it has enabled me to understand how to attract viewers and audiences from the beginning of a film. I have seen several sequences that I find effective and some that are not, with this I can now identify what makes an effective opening and what does not. Music that plays along with the opening can portray a particular genre of the film to the audience, therefore music in my opinion is essential to have with an opening sequence because it gives an insight of the feeling of the film from the opening, for example in The Holiday opening I analysed I found that the music was relaxing and romantic, creating a happy enjoyable vibe from the start leading me to carry on watching. The credits of the film are the most dominating piece of information for the opening sequence of a film, I have learnt this by my analysis of when companies and actors are introduced in several openings. Mostly it is common for the companies involved to be credited to first followed later on by the actors, then the last couple of introductions go out to the other productions involved form the editing to the casting. 


What I will take from this


As part of my media AS course I will be creating my own opening sequence to my own film, therefore from this analysis I can take all the parts I have learnt of which to make a good opening sequence to include within my own work. I will have to involve a lot of research into the genre of my film to enable me to be able to portray this within my opening using music. The story line of my film will need to be thought out instantly in order for this to be hinted at through the very beginning. If I involve a narrative in the background to my opening it will have to apply to what is happening, as well as fit with all the camera shots etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment